Saturday, April 6, 2013

Times They Are A Changing

Well, I have not read any further in The Brothers Karmazov, yet I am still going to write a post. Why, you ask? Well, because there is some news that affects me and all my loved ones- I no longer have a job. The wonderful, awesome, spectacular thrift store that I have been working at is closing... tomorrow... I just found out about an hour before I left work today.

So, you know what that means? I decided to go ahead and get all that stuff I have been hoarding to buy "one day". That's right, today I brought home (among other things) The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama, The Atheist Debater's Handbook by B.C. Johnson, Under the Influence by James R. Milam, Ph.D. and Katherine Ketcham, Forgive and Forget by Lewis B. Smedes, The Passions of the Mind by Irving Stone, Clemenceau and the Third Republic by J. Hampden Jackson, and I Ching by Zhao Xiaomin (translated by Martin Palmer and Jay Ramsay). I also got some goodies that might be of interest to my kind of people. The coolest, by far, is an old man that is made out of newspaper. There were some other cool items, like a decorative plate commemorating Lewis and Clark. Nothing too special, but all things that have held my interest since I first processed them. This includes 10 scrapbooks!

I am going to actually take some pictures of these things and post them on here, but the majority of them are taking a bath in the dishwasher right now lol.

I am looking forward to reading more about those brothers tonight though and will update everyone soon! Have a wonderful evening!

1 comment: