Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Obama's Bitchslap to Congress

I know, I know. I am supposed to be trying not to add political, religious, or other taboo subjects into such a blog that is meant to be about reading fantastic written pieces, but I am going to. Here is the thing- you might as well get used to it. If you are not knowledgeable about these sore subjects then you are part of the problem. Sorry... king of.

Listening to the President's Address over the Gun Control Legislature that failed in Congress made me proud of him. No, I am not one of those sappy Obama Mammas, nor am I against him. I did not vote for him in the last election (Gary Johnson was my choice).

I do not care where you stand on the political spectrum; it is not obvious to you that Congress has become the bitterest battleground over political agenda then you may need to do a bit more research.

Here is what was amazing about the speech by Obama: he reprimanded Congress for having been against the American public, their constituents; 90% of Democrats and 80% of Republicans were for these tougher laws that had nothing to do with trampling on 2nd Ammendment Rights. Obama bitchslapped those self-interested politicians who are in charge of this country's progress. I have never seen anything like it, since I have followed politics (remember I am only 30).

THIS IS WHY AMERICA WILL NOT CONTINUE TO PROSPER! We fight with ourselves over liberal/conservative agendas and refuse to work together when it matters the most.

Okay... I think I am done... sorry, but it is time to work together instead of against each other. It is time to turn away from the 2-tiered party system here.

Now I really am done. I am only 16 pages into The Heat Is On, and the first 14 of those were the introduction! One of the biggest things that someone researching should always remember is to check the copyright date of whatever they are reading. A couple of years between copyright and you reading it can be tremendous at times.

The Heat Is On was published in 1997. This was 16 years ago. Global Warming Theory has come a long way since then. It is crucial to keep that in mind when reading anything of this type of book.

Enough of my soapboxing now. I am going to wish everyone a  wonderful evening. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment